THE BEST SCHOOL MINDSET PROJECT IN THE WORLD…PERFECT FOR YEARS 10/11/12/13 - Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
It is a question all teenagers, of all ages should ask themselves leading up to their final exams, but also, life in general:
“Will my “Future Self” thank me for the decisions I make today?”
Example of the day – The 30-45 minute year group assembly focuses on:
· Their Future Self
· Growth Mindset
· Marginal Gains
· The Theory of Luck
· Pygmalion Effect
· The Emotional Connection to life and learning
· Next Steps
45-60 minute workshops, targeting specific cohorts, conducted in a horse shoe style classroom setting/Approx 10-12 students per session:
· To re-visit messages from assembly and how they related to each pupil
· To leave the workshop with added self-awareness as to the “why” they need to achieve in exams and life with a short, medium and long term plan implemented by the end of each group session.
· A greater purpose and feeling that pupils want to intrinsically action a “can do” approach to “want to achieve” rather than being “told to achieve” - Each student delivers their future goals to their peers, with a “What, Why and How” approach.
· Looking, assessing and implementing actioned based changes via the learning and performance orientation document around fixed and growth mindset